Monday, March 11, 2013

Thoughts on Poem & Paper

While reading the poem In A Breath, I instantly saw that the different stanzas were writings of scenes about a film. I was able to tell this because each stanza was described as if it was trying to place a vision inside the audiences mind as a film is capable of doing as well. 
The paper started off by capturing my attention instantly with its opening sentence; "For as long as people have been able to conceptualize time, they have commented on its command over life." This sentence captured my attention because I didn't fully understand it but I felt that this would be the writer's main point of discussion, for this reason it made it even more interesting. The writer then goes on by explaining how time commands our life, and then transitions into examples through class readings and films. I also liked the idea of setting aside a whole half of the paper to the poem topic. The writer takes the poem In A Breath and compares it to the film Nanook in relation to being a documentary. This was interesting to me because I never looked into the poem as having any relation to documentary before I read this. The setup of this paper was well organized and well written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment